The Student News Site of Shaker High School

The Shaker Bison

The Shaker Bison

The Shaker Bison

Shaker High Produces: CLUE!

Shaker High’s fall production of Clue delivered a captivating and entertaining evening filled with humor, suspense, and mystery. Each young actor brought the play to life on stage with their energy and enthusiasm. The play is an adaptation of the 1985 film and the classic board game. The game’s plot is based around six mysterious guests who are invited to an extravagant mansion for an unusual dinner. However, the night is turned around when their host turns up dead and all the six guests become suspects. Throughout the night, the guests work with the mansion’s staff to figure out who the murderer is, all while the body count is stacking up. The main mystery: Who committed the murders? Where did they do it? And with what did they do it? 

The main characters of the play include Wadsworth (the butler), played by Jack Kalteux; Miss. Scarlet, played by Akshaya Annam; Professor Plum, played by Robert Waters; Mrs. White, played by Emmie Ashley; Mr. Green; played by Jacob Perea, Mrs. Peacock, played by Keira Quinn; and Colonel Mustard, played by Henry Unser. Each actor’s outstanding performance without a doubt captivated the audience, their each move embodying suspense and excitement. Every single one of them was undoubtedly committed to their role, the hours on top of hours dedicated to practicing and getting everything just right apparent right from the moment they stepped on stage. Interestingly, the personalities of the actors fit the personalities of the characters, further allowing them to capture the essence of their character, bringing the story to life and enchanting the audience into a new world. The set design was done splendidly as well, transporting the audience to the lavish mansion, where the majority of the play takes place. 

In regard to notable moments during the play, many come to mind. Firstly, there were multiple instances when the actors ran across the stage as well as throughout the auditorium. These moments were very engaging and humorous to the audience as they added an interactive element to the performance, as well as contributed to making the evening an immersive experience. Moreover, the witty dialogue and several plot twists at the end of the play increased the humor and suspense for the audience. Throughout the play, heavy laughter from the audience could be heard, an indication that the jokes in the play were very well received.

Overall, Shaker High’s production of Clue was a tremendous success. Sadly, many students often forget that Shaker produces a fall play, or just overlook it. This play, however, had a good turn out for the three days in which it was performed (Nov. 17th-19th). As the years pass, the fall play is getting more attention and advertisement, which is great because attending the play is such a well-worth experience. This year, the actors had an amazing performance, showing their dedication and commitment to the art of acting. The play was both engaging and entertaining as the actors were very clever in the way they used the available space and props, which created a sense of unpredictability, mirroring the mysterious nature of the plot. There is no doubt that Shaker students are going to continue producing such amazing plays, and the Bison nation will increasingly be looking forward to every single one of them!