The Student News Site of Shaker High School

Why Should We Have An Advice Column?

What are advice columns exactly? They are basically written in a Q & A format. The reader would respond to the weekly google form that will go out asking if anyone has any questions or scenarios that they would like advice on. The responder will be known as Miss or Mr. Bison.

The best part: it is all anonymous! If you would like to be referred to by your name, you can provide us with your name. But everything else will be incognito unspecified. Advice can consist of all topics ranging from school related issues to real life situations. One thing to keep in mind though, this is advice only. That means that these are just suggestions and that you don’t necessarily need to follow them. They are just more opinions to help guide you in the right direction.

There are certain things that seem more suitable and comfortable to ask a peer versus an adult. If you’re feeling stressed, this is a fantastic approach to relieve some! Talking therapy is known to help with several things like anxiety or depression. It can also help you feel more in control of the situation you are in, along with allowing you to feel certainty in your decision. Speaking with a stranger, and anonymously at that too, can make you feel a lot more comfortable. No one can judge you because no one would know you personally! It won’t be necessary for you to hide things anymore–it would simply just be an area to vent about your situation. 

The Shaker Bison • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Shaker Bison Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *